Tuesday 5 April 2011

Monsters Inc. (2001)


Along with Toy Story Series, Finding Nemo, UP, Wall*E, the movie that I enjoyed the most was the Monsters Inc. (2001).

Movie Title: Monsters Inc. (2001)
Type of movie: family, animation, comedy
Actors: Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Mary Gibbs

I first watched it when I was only at 1st grade. I was full of dreams and imagination, and after the movie had finished, I really thought that Monstropolis (the city where all the monsters live) existed in the world.




(Actors <voices>/characters)

As always, PIXAR showed us an original plot with strong, amazing actors, and wonderful graphics. I really enjoyed the story of this movie. Monsters Inc. is the company in the Monstropolis where monsters work to generate energy by scaring the children. Even though monsters scare the children, these creatures are actually afraid of children: they even afraid of touching them or their properties (such as socks, toys, or bed). The monsters regard the children as "radioactive" creatures. It was kind of funny when the CDA (Child Detection Agency) removed all the hair (or I should say fur XD) from the orange monster because it had the child's socks at his back.

James Sullivan is the TOP Star employer (TOP scarer) of the company and is responsible for the baby entering the Monstropolis. Sulley and his friend Mike Wazovski begin their "dangerous" adventure to return this baby girl to her room (the human world) and, meanwhile, they realize friendship toward this girl.




The story is original; it is unique. I think that there wasn't any movie that could be compared with it in the story. When I was young, I really liked how monsters loved Boo (the young little girl from the HUMAN World) and took care of her. The other day, I downloaded it and wathed it again. I always felt it was new and fresh! Now, I feel that those monsters from Monsters Inc. are better than humans: they have innocent heart and know how to take care of each other; they learn to love and break the prejudice that children are actually dangerous.




In the middle of the movie, the movie shows how Sully, Boo, and Mike take an adventure through the doors to find the appropriate door for Boo. God, I always wished to be Boo at that moment: sliding over thousands of doors like riding the roller coaster!

Of course, as all children movies, Monsters Inc. also has an antagonist. The purple angy-looking lizard Randolph always thinks Sully as the rival and wants to defeat him. He cheats, swindles others to win. Eventually, when he realized that Sully was the one who's responsible for bringing Boo into Monstropolis, he does anything to block their way of returning Boo back home. But, as we know, the good always defeats evil, so we can predict that it will be a happy ending.



Overall, I think that this movie is worth of 5 stars. Good plot, wonderful actors, and amazing graphics! I recommend to watch this to those who want to return to their childhood or want to escape from this dull, everyday routine life. Monsters Inc. really made my heart warm: seriously, I was toched by it...


P.S. Even though, this movie is 10 years old, it is always original for me. Furthermore, many fans expected PIXAR to make several series of it but it didn't. However, on MARCH,2011, PIXAR declared that they are working on the Monsters Inc.2 : Monsters University that would be released in 2012!!


No comments:

Post a Comment